*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

On Sept 7th 2018, I lost my Soulmate.

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Countrygirl63, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Countrygirl63

Countrygirl63 Member

Yes, I thought the same thing, Why..would God let this happen to me...I can't really answer that question but this is what I understand when I read my bible. He doesn't cause this, it's part of life..He pulls us through the storm. He doesn't cause it...I know myself that without that faith and asking for strength to get through this, I couldn't make it I'm still praying and thankful for God put him in my life.

2. Ally Mullian

Ally Mullian New Member

My boyfriend will be gone a year next month. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "grow up; get over it." But the fact that it's taking a long time to process is testament to the love we shared. I agree with Countrygirl63 and am thankful God put him in my life. That said, I think it's totally ok to question God when we feel punished by pain.

Countrygirl63 likes this.
  3. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

Do we really have soulmates? would God take them away from us if that was the case. I lost my Fiance June 21st 2019 . I always said he was my soulmate and he called me his . We had a special kind of love , one I can't describe . I find it to be so cruel that God would take that one person away from us .... to leave us alone in the world with no one until our life on earth is over.

4. Danny67

Danny67 New Member

Very sorry for your loss Countrygirl63. I lost my best friend and soulmate on Oct. 28th, 2018. So, so hard! At the moment I seem to be stuck in deep grief from which I'm having difficulty extricating myself. I hope you're doing a bit better. Good luck from a fellow traveler on a journey neither one of us would have willingly chosen for ourselves.
    Best, Danny.

5. Sandraschott

Sandraschott Member

I lost my husband who was my soulmate on 18th July 2018.
    He was only 65. He was my big strong man 8 months before he died. He had mds which is a form of blood cancer. This took all his strength and it was downhill from there.
    It's not just sorrow I feel. I am bereft.
    We met when I was 15 and he was 17 and we nearly made our 48th wedding anniversary.
    I also feel anger as we had just downsized our home and were ready to enjoy our retirement.
    We had both always worked hard. This seems so unfair to me. I'm grieving for my love but also for what we've lost and can never have.
    To get through each day I tell myself what he always told me
    To hold on for one more day. This was our song when we were about to have time off work to go on holiday.
    Also I know I will see him again

Sandra

6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Sandra, I understand everything you mention. From working so hard to about to retire. That’s how it is for me too. I lost my husband to a massive heart attack 11/17/18, he was 63. He was strong and healthy, or so we thought. Til Nov 17, had no signs of any kind. Two hours after he had virus symptoms, I lost the love of my life. We were young too, I was 16 and Ron was 19. We owned and operated our own business planned to retire Sept 2019. Planned to travel and enjoy life. I feel the same as you, grieving the loss and what we’ll never have. Our dream is gone, what we worked so hard for, is gone. Not fair!
    I’m coming up on a full year without my soul mate, how am I still here? I think that all the time.
    Like you, I live one day at a time. Nothing else we can do.
    But, I know also, we will be together again

Jenn2583 likes this.
  7. I lost my friend the same day, cancer, its been super hard. but I'm going Proactive about awareness

8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Jacqueline, I am so very sorry for your loss. It’s so fresh. I know exactly how you’re feeling and it’s not a good feeling. I had a memorial for my husband on 11/17/19. It was so hard. Been a difficult year to say the least. I’m still reeling, and sometimes I’m still in total disbelief. I had friends and family come over and we told stories and ate his favorite foods and released balloons In his memory. He wouldn’t want the attention, but I needed to do something. It helped having close people to help me through the day. And while I was doing that you lost your friend and had your own devastation. So close to the holidays makes it even worse. Last years holidays are a complete blur. Dreading this years’.
    Thinking of you

jacqueline kramer likes this.
  9. ya, we did so much together, WE WENT TO DISNEY, for a band trip.

RLC likes this.
  10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Wow! Disney! A favorite place for Ron and I and so many family trips! The things that should be wonderful memories are now memories that make me so sad. I hear that eventually our memories will make us smile. Time will tell.

Jenn2583 likes this.