*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Need some help badly

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by @APPY, May 10, 2020.

1. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Lost my dad 5 days back. Precisely he was my world ..everything . It seems impossible for me to stand back on my feet. I am missing him with each breath. Please help somebody ... please...

2. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

3. TJones

TJones Active Member

Hi @APPY,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I lost my daddy on March 17, 2020 following a brief illness. I can absolutely relate to how you are feeling. I am quite the “daddy’s girl.” You will notice I used the present tense because that will never change. My daddy was healthy all his life and became ill mid-January...two months later he was gone.

You reached out for help. That was the first step! You will find lots of good folks here. I am available if you wish to talk.

Things will get easier with the passage of time but take care of yourself and take time to grieve.

T.J.

4. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Thank you so much @TJones

I need support badly bcz no one of my relatives is able to join me and ma due to this lockdown. Feeling helpless clueless lost .

5. LovesFrance

LovesFrance New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. My mom died 12 days ago and I feel lost. Are there friends you can call or someone you can email? Connecting with people may help. The other thing I like to do is watch a funny movie or read--something to give my brain a break from the grief.

6. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Thank u @ LovesFrance
    We are sailing on the same boat . This is my first confrontation with loss grief and pain . How old are you ? What do u do ? How r u trying to cope up with the loss? Do let me know.
    Regards Appy.

7. LovesFrance

LovesFrance New Member

I'm 57 and lost my dad 25 years ago. I work but am not working during the pandemic. I haven't figured out quite yet how to cope with the loss except by giving myself time and space to grieve.

8. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

I am 31 and I lost my dad 6 days ago . 25 yrs still the pain is same ... fr me it's just 6 days and I hv no clue how to continue. I am lost.

9. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Losing someone close to you makes you feel like it's the end of the world. I lost my dad and fiancee about 2 months ago. It's hard and every day is a challenge. Pray for strength and the Lord will get you through it. The pain want go away but itll get easier to deal with. Praying for you!

10. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Everyday is a challenge . You are so correct. Nothing seems to be like what it was before the loss. Even if u want to start afresh there seems to be no ray of hope. U will also be in my prayers dear. Keep in touch.

11. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Thanks for the prayers. The memories and making your dad to continue to be proud of you is your hope. I'm sure he was already proud of you but go on to do the things you wanted to do in life before this and he'll be even more proud. We can definitely keep in touch.