*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My son’s Father was murdered suddenly

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Lerise Woody, Aug 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lerise Woody

Lerise Woody Member

B5168B41-EBD7-4FE7-80C1-E17620B9C621.jpeg B5168B41-EBD7-4FE7-80C1-E17620B9C621.jpeg Hi my name is Lerise. On June 17th my son’s dad was gunned down. That was Fathers Day, how ironic. He had went out for a late night Father’s Day drink and was caught in gun fire. I didn’t know. We stay in different states. I woke up around 4am something felt weird but I was never thinking that. I posted on Facebook a tribute to him for Father’s Day and I texted him. Of course he never texted back. I didn’t learn of the news until 9:28 that morning. I almost passed out. I was devastated. When we was together we had a rocky relationship but once we got the hang of being friends & co-parenting he was the best . I miss him so much. I cry all the time. I deal with a lot of regrets because he never wanted us to move away. I’m so lost. I’m taking his death so hard

2. Jett Indio

Jett Indio Member

Hi Lerise. Our son was murdered 6 1/2 weeks ago June 16, in another state. He was 30. I am completely lost as well. I hear your pain and feel for you.
    Jett

3. Lerise Woody

Lerise Woody Member

Wow my son’s father was 35 gone too soon.. feel your pain as well

4. Jett Indio

Jett Indio Member

Thank you, Lerise.