*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My Parents

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Georgia Buttgereit, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Georgia Buttgereit

Georgia Buttgereit New Member

I lost both of my parents. When I was 15 my mother passed away(it'll be three years on the 28th) and the following year at age 16, my father passed. My therapist recommended me this site to find people who have the same grief as I do. People who struggle with the same things. So I figured I would share my story. I'm 18 now but it's been a struggle every single day. February and March are the hardest months. I never knew life without them, and now it's like I'm a baby surrounded by adults, or kids my age who have adults helping them. Everything is harder than it's supposed to be now. Anyway though I would share, thank you for reading.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Georgia, I am so sorry for your losses - you are so young to be going through so much. I say all the time that loss is loss but loss is also change and there is just so much for you to be adjusting to right now. Our parents are always a huge part of our lives but especially at a young age when we haven't quite made our way yet it can be hard to figure out what to do or what comes next. I'm hoping you do have some family or friend support in place and I'm so glad that you have joined us.
    I'm including a few articles from our blog that may be of some help to you:
    https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/multiple-losses-how-to-cope-with-loss-change/
    https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/loss-of-a-parent/
    We have a very active and caring community of grievers here, however while I always recommend people create their own post and story, it's also a good idea to get involved and post on active threads. When you post there anyone on that thread will be notified and you will have the potential for even more interaction.
    I'm truly hoping we can be a help to you. I wish you all the best~

3. Aude

Aude Member

Hi Georgia, I am so sorry for the loss of your parents. I don’t know where you live, but I know that if your area has a Hospice program or facility, there may be specialized counseling there for children who have lost parents at an early age. One of my family members went through the program after the death of his parents and it seemed to help him. I wish you all the best and hope that your grief eases.