*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My Nephew

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Chae, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Chae

Chae New Member

I lost my nephew about a month ago from a complicated matter involving his suicide as a stunt gone horribly wrong. I feel like I have so many questions that aren't answered, I feel angry at myself and at him..

It feels like every day I wake up and have to hide the fact that this is the most devastating thing I've ever felt. He was like my son, and I've been trying to bury these feelings deep inside of me so that nobody around me will have to deal with me grieving on top of my depression. But every time I think of him I miss him so much and it feels like someone is tearing a piece out of my heart little by little. He was such a bright light, a warm presence and I don't know how to get over the fact that it will never be that way again. A hole in my life.

I don't know how to get over this. I don't know where to begin.. I was reluctant to reach out online to find support but my therapist told me I should. I feel so alone, my boyfriend doesn't understand what I'm feeling..

I hope I can find some comfort with you all.

Chae