LOOKING FOR A GRIEF GROUP? General Grief Support Tuesday June 15 at 2 pm EST - JOIN US!

My mom passed just 5 months after her shocking diagnosis.

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Jessica Abigail, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Hi.. I'm new here and I'm trying to deal with the loss of my mom, she passed away on the 6th of August 2020 just 5 months after being Diagnosed with acute myleoid leukemia.
    I am the youngest of 3 girls, I am turning 24 on the 18th of March, I do not really know how to describe my emotions and I do my best to avoid thinking of my mom, my mom was very special to me and we had an inseparable bond. At the moment my family is broken after the loss and my sisters and I barely talk. I feel alone and I miss my mother, I feel unloved, directionless and purposeless.
    I feel that when I do try to speak about my loss, I irritate others so I keep it to myself, however I can't anymore I feel like I am slipping deeper into a dark space faster than I have realised.. I need to start dealing with my loss but I just don't know how to.

2. Summerperson

Summerperson Member

I’m new to this site myself. A few sent messages to me and were kind. Everyone on here lost someone and I’m hoping you and others can get some comfort from others on this site.