*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mom died suddenly

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by dgibs1234, Jun 24, 2019.

1. dgibs1234

dgibs1234 New Member

My mom passed away this December, right before Christmas. It was a freak accident. I talked to her every day for the last 3 years and she was my saving grace and my best friend. She had mental health issues and a problem with alcohol so growing up with her had been a struggle. The last few years though, she was there for me unconditionally. She was the only person in my life who I could tell all my secrets to and who would answer my call any time of the day or night. We had been in a fight when she died and we hadn’t talked in a few weeks. I can’t believe that she is gone. I will never get to call her again and she will never get to see me accomplish milestones in my life. I’m only 22 and I feel so empty and angry. I can’t talk to my siblings about it or to friends because they seem uncomfortable. I’ve been going to therapy every week but I feel like my grief is just getting worse.

2. Goodgrief

Goodgrief Member

Going to therapy will be your saving grace. I just lost my mom suddenly 3 weeks ago. You seem to be pretty good with finding resources that will keep you well. That will take you a long way I think. Out of my siblings I'm the only on going to therapy weekly and seeking support groups. I am hoping this investment in my mental well being will allow me to cope with this grief in healthy ways. Sometimes it gets worse, but it will also get better. That's what I'm hearing anyway. While my mom was in the hospital I ended getting upset because she hurt my feelings. I keep replaying that in my head. Truth is though... We're all human and we all have feelings. The love I have for her was a billion times stronger than any anger. Mom's know that kinda thing.

Mommas_Boy likes this.
  3. Brittney Medrano

Brittney Medrano New Member

I'm brand new to this community and have also lost my mom. Im grateful I stumbled on this thread bc it's a small relief to have shared feelings. Thank you.

Mommas_Boy and Goodgrief like this.
  4. Goodgrief

Goodgrief Member

I'm glad this space is healing for you . Grieving a mom is one of the hardest things we can go through .

Mommas_Boy and BlackanGreys365 like this.
  5. BlackanGreys365

BlackanGreys365 New Member

I also lost my mom due to a sudden death. It's been six years she's been gone and I miss her more now than I ever did before. Hopefully someone out there can help me get through this anger and grief

Mommas_Boy likes this.
  6. Barbara Gaffney

Barbara Gaffney New Member

My mom, my best friend left suddenly May 2nd. My days and nights are lonely , heartbreaking and just downright sad. I am greatful for my job to help me pass another day. I know it's been less than three months but my pain has not eased and all I want is to hug my mother and have her tell me it will be ok..

Egingras likes this.
  7. Kymber73

Kymber73 New Member

I am sorry for your loss. I just lost my mom april 16th just days before Easter. She was my bestfriend as well. I lost my father just 7 months before my mother. I feel completely lost without them especially my mom. I am not coping well at all and am in stressful situations that normally i would go to my mom for guidence. I too just want to feel the comfort of my mom's hug and hear her loving words. I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain and know that you are not alone. God Bless.

8. Barbara Gaffney

Barbara Gaffney New Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Our pain at times is truly agonizing....I just take one minute at a time..a day is too long..

Egingras and Kymber73 like this.
  9. daisyinthesun

daisyinthesun Member

10. daisyinthesun

daisyinthesun Member

i just lost my mom last moth, not talking to her eveyday is the worse part...

11. Mommas_Boy

Mommas_Boy New Member

I also just signed up here it's been 3 years and I'm alone. It's me against the world now when it was me and mum. Iove and miss her too much. I don't think I wanna continue without her ill never be able to tell her how much I love her and thank her for everything. I am lost and broken

Egingras likes this.