*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My Gramma raised me and now she's gone

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by M.J., Apr 26, 2019.

1. M.J.

M.J. New Member

First time posting. Not really sure what I'm doing here. I just know that it's been almost 2 weeks since my Grandmother, the light of my life, passed away and I just can't seem to get it together. I'm a mental health counselor and I know all the things to do and say but none of it is helping. I know it was her time, I even know she was ready. I thought I was too. This has been a long time coming. I just miss her so damn much and it's not fair. I want her here with me and I know I'm being a selfish baby about it but I just don't care. What's bothering me is I'm starting to get angry with those who are trying to comfort me and I don't want that but I feel completely unable to control my emotions and I don't know what to do.

RachealV likes this.
  2. Sarahlee Williams

Sarahlee Williams New Member

I felt the same way when my.dad passed two months ago. I find that for me writing letters to him really help me get my emotions in check. I can address the emotion while writing and then feel like I have more control. It is hard and sometimes the things people say just hit a nerve even though they usually mean well.

M.J. likes this.
  3. Miranda Stowell

Miranda Stowell New Member

-Hi M.J,
    Just yesterday I lost my Grandmother who raised me as well. She had dementia and Parkinsens. It's been a really long journey so far and I'm working through it. I know exactly how you feel. Just recently, my dad tried to say my pain isn't as bad and I shouldn't be as hurt. But in reality, this pain is the same, if not worse. Because you're losing two people at once and that's extremely hard to understand. I find that talking to my Grandma, writing letters, and talking to people outside of my family helps a lot.

4. Adriel

Adriel Member

The wound is still so fresh. It's the hardest thing ever. Find supportive people that let you cry, express your anger and pain and that won't judge you.

5. RachealV

RachealV New Member

My granny raised me too. My mom & dad arent in the picture now without her im lost. She was my best friend and the only person who I know truly loved me as I am. I feel so unsure about life at the moment, she was my stability. Having a hard time moving forward not sure where to turn