*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My forever love

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by kevinslove, Sep 22, 2016.

1. kevinslove

kevinslove Member

Hello I am new to the group, I lost my husband of 26 years on May 17,2016 that day forever changed my life. I remember when I first started this journey I felt sad, alone hopeless with no hope in sight I remember feeling like I was drowning in sadness everyday I know that everyones grief is their own and everyone finds their way at their pace but I feel I have found my sense of peace You see I believe my Kevin is walking beside me in my heart and in spirit. Yes I still have bad days and days I want to rip my heart out from the pain but it is on those days I look into my heart and remember our love and his unconditionally love for me and how I will see him again. My hope is that one day everyone can find their sense of hope and peace

2. Clayton Roan

Clayton Roan New Member

Hi, I am new, too. I lost my wife of 26 years 33 days after her first diagnosis. I spent every day with her, 24 hours a day, in and out of the hospital. She had just turned 55 when she died. She knew she was dying, and said she would find a way to contact me after her death, for me to be open to it. She was worried about what would happen to me after her death. She released me to find happiness, which I can not fanthom right now. I believe she was allowed to return as my guiding Angel. A priest said God alliws that for couples who were very close. I have gotten several powerful contacts from her so I know she is okay. Friends and family donoit understand. They get understandably uncomfortable when I talk about it, and I wind up having to take care of them. That's why it is so important that I connect with others who know what I go through.

3. kevinslove

kevinslove Member

Clayton I feel your pain and feel for your loss this is a hard road we are going down it feels like we are drowning by the waves sometimes you are right we definitely need fellow griever

griefic likes this.
  4. I pray that I can.

griefic likes this.
  5. Grace Lujan

Grace Lujan New Member

6. Grace Lujan

Grace Lujan New Member

Hello I am too new as well. First, I am very sorry for your loss. My husband died unexpectedly 12-22-2016. Your post does bring me peace. Needed that reminder of seeing my loved one again.
    I started out strong, believing he would want that for me. I am a introvert and find it hard to express my grief. My family is very small and so are my circle of friends. Now after being at work 2 weeks and unable to function. I am allowing myself some down time. This site, your post and others are my hope to aid me in healing.

7. Gale Brown

Gale Brown New Member

Hello, I am new to this group. I was a caregiver for my wonderful husband for 2 years and while I thought I would have him a little longer, I lost him 3 months before our 50th anniversary. He was the sweetest, kindest, most supportive man I have ever known and I don't know how I will go on without him. I got very involved in a bunch of activities and then decided it was all too much. I had a bad meltdown today and realized I need more time to grieve. He passed away on May 27th and took my heart with him.

8. Netta

Netta Member

Yes the waves are so real don't think anybody understands when I try to decribe how it feels when the waves wash over you