*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My first loss of a sibling

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by CrackofDawn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. CrackofDawn

CrackofDawn Member

On Jan.5th at 10:38 my little sister passed away from complications of Covid. Had she not been an alcoholic and her body already breaking down by that awful addiction she might have had chance. Had to watch her pass by taking her off oxygen on a zoom call. I am reeling, and emotional, and every day is hard. My heart is broken.

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. My older sister passed away 1.5 yrs ago and my heart is still broken over the loss. We lived together and were the best of friends. Yes, every day is hard but with time it does get a little easier. I still have moments when I break down in tears but there are days that I remember her with a smile on my face. I don't feel anyone "gets over" such a loss but somehow manages to get through it although it is very difficult. Hugs!

3. Meeranad

Meeranad New Member

I feel for you. My older sister died from Covid at 44, a few weeks ago, my first sibling loss. The grief is overwhelming. I hope this pain doesn’t last every day it’s unbearable. I take hope in your message that each day gets better.

4. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry that your sister passed away from Covid and at such a young age. The grief is overwhelming and the pain is unbearable but each day does get a little easier and the pain lessens a bit and you will remember your sister with happy thoughts and a smile on your face. It does take time and there is no set timetable for every person is different. You will never forget her and there definitely will be a void but you will get stronger.