*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My Dad passed

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by BrianM, Feb 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BrianM

BrianM New Member

My Dad passed away 1/26/2019 from lung cancer. I was always close to my Dad. He was a quiet man and accomplished many things in his life. He was 75 years old. I feel so lost with out him. He was my refuge in this world when my mental health was doing poor. Now that he is gone I feel so unstable and no one to run to. I have managed to quit substances following his death on my own but I feel lost without his praise. I know he is proud of me. I just hurt so bad all I want is something to get my mind off of things but his wishes for me drive me far beyond meth, marijuana or cigarettes. So many changes in my life. Soo much guilt. I was high the day he passed, leaving my brain lost, confused and full of guilt. I felt like I was going to explode before I wrote this, but now I just have tightness in the chest from the anxiety but overall I feel better getting things off my chest.

2. I'm so sorry about your Dad.I hear you as I recently lost husband,mother,uncle in 6 weeks.I believe you can move forward in time.I have found that taking very good care of ourselves gets the mind off some of the sadness part of the time.

3. Feeling alone

Feeling alone Member

Thanks for sharing Brian. I feel your pain. I lost my dad 2-15-19 and it still hurts so very much. Everyone tells me it will get better. That doesn't help much though. Be strong a bd remember all the good times with your dad. Peace for you

4. Brian I'm sorry for your great loss.I have son named Brian.I understand your loss as I recently lost husband,mother,uncle in 5 wks.Keep trying to take care of your health.Your Dad will be proud while he is watching over you.