*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Musicgirl this post is for you

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by David Hughes, Apr 23, 2020.

1. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

"musicgirlHi, I was married for 25 years. My husband Russ died suddenly - 8 years ago. I still grieve. I cry often. I’ve never been in a grief group but I’d sure like to comfort and share with others and vice-versa. The loneliness is tough. I’m slowly getting more involved in life again, thanks to God, my family, and friends."

Musicgirl,

I was saddened when you told of the loss of Russ your husband. I wanted to make sure you also had your own post answered by me and any others who will participate.

To have been married for over two decades is a beautiful story of the love for one another. Even though he has passed on, Russ will always be with you in life. Russ will be with you as you speak, and you walk in life, he will be right there beside you. The love he gave you is so apparent in everything you have said to me, to others.

We all will get lonely in life. We will cry to many tears, as you have and still will for Russ. Your loss is so hard to move beyond, just like anyone else's loss is for them. But, please remember, even though each night as you go to sleep he is with you in your thoughts, in your dreams.

When you cry those precious tears, they are not wasted, they hold no special place for anyone else, but they do for you. They are your heart crying out for Russ. Of course it is hard to face a loss, let along ever accept the passing of Russ. Please just remember all those beautiful memories you shared together. They will always be with you.

I have a picture of Nadine my wife on my hallway wall. It will always hang there, and it will always make me feel melancholy as I pass her in a day. The same will hold so true for you, that as you look at the tokens of life you have gathered of Russ, they will bring back so many wonderful memories for you. Please never forget, there is no time limit to remembering. Your days will and can be one of joy as you remember your life together.

Musicgirl, I hope you are feeling better. If you are not please reach out to us, to family, and to professional help if you so need it. I know this isolation is so hard to deal with each day. The news can be so depressing.
    I along with others will be here for you. For now please take care of your well-being.

Also never give in to depression. I will say a prayer for you. God Bless Musicgirl. Peace be with you today and the days that follow you. If you have any questions for me please do ask.

-david

This is a melody I found for you today

2. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

Beautiful song David.