*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Mother’s Day is coming up

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by rrussell94, May 4, 2020.

1. rrussell94

rrussell94 New Member

Hey everyone! I’m having a hard time with Mother’s Day coming up. I lost my mother in January to Triple Negative Breast Cancer. I’m only 25, so I lost her very young. She was my twin, best friend, and mother so it’s been very hard dealing with it being the first Mother’s Day without her.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

rrussell94,
    First let me say how sorry I am for the loss of your Mom. It’s so difficult losing a parent at any age but yes you’re so young and dealing with the loss of your Mom/best friend.
    I lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack 11/17/18. My children aged 34 and 31 at the time know the pain you’re feeling. And Father’s Day is very difficult for all of us. To honor him we put an edging around a Japanese maple I bought him the year before, we had a bbq like we always did for him on Father’s Day and tried to talk about happy memories. Sure there were a lot of tears and anger he was taken too soon. But as I look back at it I’m glad we did what we did. So I know 100% you’ll be feeling very sad and missing your loving Mom so very much. But maybe if you feel stronge enough emotionally you could plant something you know she would love. Listen to her favorite music, watch a favorite movie, have her favorite food. I’ve done all those things on special dates for my husband. What would have been our 43rd wedding anniversary is coming up and I’m dreading that. I’m hoping to go to a park he took me to while we we’re dating, he would love that.
    Hopefully you cam come up with something you know would make your Mom smile. She’s with you, I believe my husband is watching over me and my children and I’m sure your Mom is watching over you. If you have siblings maybe you can all share memories while supporting one another. I’m planning on having a bbq for Mother’s Day because Ron always cooked for me,
    Do these things take place of having your Mom to hug and spend the day with, no, but they do help.
    Your Mom will always be with you, her memories and love and devotion will always be with you.
    All the best, Robin