*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing you

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kimberly_67, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Kimberly_67

Kimberly_67 New Member

These last 18 days has been the hardest days of my life I lost my everything and today is his birthday I can't stop crying. I just miss him so much why did God have to take him our story wasn't over now I have to finish it alone I'm not ready to close this chapter yet I don't know what to do I am lost without him.

2. Cora1961

Cora1961 Well-Known Member

Kimberly, I understand completely how you feel. I lost my husband last October and this year has been awful plus I just lost my father on sept 29th . So I feel like I am going through it all over again. Try to ask for help from your love ones if they can’t help and don’t be surprised if they don’t. Please turn to good friends that will be by your side., if you have older children, they have helped me just to get through the day. Just one day at a time and don’t think too much about anything else. Right now that’s just too much pressure on yourself. God bless

RLC likes this.
  3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Kimberly,
    I’m so sorry for your loss and understand completely how you’re feeling. Can’t eat, sleep, think, it’s lonely and scary. It’s a new life that we don’t want to be a part of, we want our spouses and what we’re used to. That’s all normal, Cora gave you sound advice. Accept any help offered. Ask a friend or family member to just come sit and have coffee with you. That’s a huge help, just having someone. Your loss is very resent, your mind is still reeling and your thoughts are probably all over the place. Think for this moment, get outside and breathe in fresh air. My son made me promise I’d get outside each day after my husband was taken from me in 2 hours from a massive heart attack. I did my best to keep that promise, even if it was just in my back yard. I remember thinking why am I doing this, I’m miserable. But fresh air is very helpful and gets you out of the house even if for just a few minutes. Right now all you need to do is care for yourself, most things can wait. If your mind gets thinking I need to do this or that, make a list so you don’t have to have those things filling your thoughts. I hope you have support you can count on. People to talk to, to lean on. Visit this site often, read and share stories and what’s going on. Everyone on here understands the overwhelming pain, the loneliness etc. we help each other and many times our family or friends just don’t understand because they haven’t been through it. Ron and I were together 44 years married 41, ran a business together, that I had to empty and close. Together 24/7, we were each other’s everything, and now it’s just me, the plans we had are null and void. It’s hard, but we push through. I made a memorial garden for him and it gives me peace, I continue to try to make him proud each day, to honor him and continue to love him.
    Things get better, but it’s a slow long journey with a lot of road blocks, but keep pushing forward. Be good to yourself, you deserve it. We’re all stronger then we think we are.
    ❤️

Cyanotype likes this.