*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing my Mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Jessie_55, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Jessie_55

Jessie_55 New Member

I just lost my mom 10 days ago. It was very sudden..heart attack. I was with her when it happened and I tried to help her but couldn't. She died when she got to the hospital. I didn't get to say goodbye. I miss her more every day. I'm trying to be strong for my dad. They had been together for 60 years and this is so hard on him. He's very sick too with COPD/Emphysema and leukemia. I'm so worried about him too. He's grieving himself to death. I don't know what to do,

2. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father over 6 months, so I cannot fully relate to the grief of something so unexpected, final and quick. To not saying goodbye: you were there. She wasn't alone. I suspect, based on your message, that she understood how you felt about her. I know it can be so difficult to open up about your loss, especially with those who are also grieving from that same loss. Is it possible for your father to seek remote support or therapy? I hope you are being kind to yourself and taking care.

3. Vrose08

Vrose08 New Member

I cannot even fathom what you're going through. But I can at the same time. I lost my mom in November 2019 from a stroke and I've been having such a hard time being alone. Your mom knew you were there. And she knew you loved her. That bond could never be broken. ❤