*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Miss my father SO much

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Joanne B, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Joanne B

Joanne B Member

Not handling anything well. Just always more miserable than day prior. Drinking to numb emotions. Pain is terrible. I pray to my God to help me with these burdens and bring me peace.

2. SeaShell

SeaShell Member

Joanne
    I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Mine passed away dec 12 2020. And while I knew it was inevitable and he was on hospice I too struggle with the finality of it all. I do think this site can be helpful to a degree. Talking and relating to others. Just hope that your pain eases as your memories of him continue. I am here if you need a friend. We are all here for you.
    Hugs to you
    Shelley

3. Joanne B

Joanne B Member

Dear Shelley. Thanks a lot for these beautiful and heartfelt words of support. I was already having a tough time dealing with all the pandemic changes and then on 8/31/20 my father dies abruptly one day before he’s supposed to come home from PT rehab. Of course life and all it’s responsibilities continue and I decided to bury all those emotions with alcohol. Not a good solution at all as my depression spiraled even more after that. Now I know it can’t continue. I need to rely on my faith to pull me through this in a productive way. Thanks again for being there. I need people who know what it feels like. I think and hope I’ve found a place to just be ok and get some peace.
    Hugs & blessings to you
    Joanne