*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Miss my family...

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Laurie S., Nov 26, 2019.

1. Laurie S.

Laurie S. New Member

Today marks 11 years since I lost my 12-year-old son to brain cancer (but it feels like yesterday). My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly on January 18, 2019 and my mom lost her battle with a long-term illness on Saturday. Nov. 23, 2019. How much loss can one person take?

Brendameister likes this.
  2. Jazzy112718

Jazzy112718 Active Member

Oh my goodness.......I'm so so very sorry. I learned that sorry is about the only thing someone can say to "US". PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - don't try to make it better by going off on a tangent about how this, how that - you should feel this or that. I went to a Hospice grief support group where JOB was the topic. How Job was tested by having everything from him. I didn't return to that group b/c I'm an agnostic. How does one take comfort from that story? An almighty who requires constant adoration from his servants, who praise him for taking his family, livelihood, friends, etc??? Oh I digress! Please don't bash me b/c I'm an agnostic. It's just me - getting by one day at a time. Today is 1 year from P's death.

3. Brendameister

Brendameister Member

4. Brendameister

Brendameister Member

I am so sorry for your losses I too have multiple loss much blessings to you.

5. Esmirelda

Esmirelda New Member

Have you tried a bereaved parents support group?
    I found one by googling.

6. kls47879

kls47879 New Member

I know what you mean. I lost my father when I was 13, my mom when I was 50 and the little girl she and I raised 2 years and 1 day later after a life long battle with lung disease. My brother and I aren't close and he lost his only son to cancer (he was 18).

I feel completely alone in the world and 'partner' is horrible. I lost my whole family. I miss them everyday. Somedays it is a struggle just to breathe. It's been two years since I lost K and I can't even say her name without crying. I don't know how to put the pieces back together - there is no one left but me.

7. Shirley09

Shirley09 Well-Known Member

We are in a very similar situation. I lost my dad when I was 13 and my mom in my early 20s. Six yrs ago my 18 yr old nephew also passed. Never in my wildest dream thought that I would be in this very painful situation and thinking it couldnt get any worst but I did when I lost my 11 yr old son a month ago. Im so angry, confused and my world just crumbled down into pieces. He was my world, reason for being and my life. All that was taken away from as if I hadnt suffered enough already. Life is not fair I dont understand.