*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Miss my brother

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Almso70, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Well here it is almost a week since my brother death it seems like a lifetime the funeral is Wednesday that is going to be rough i am just at such a loss it seems time is just standing still i miss his old saying he would say right!!! to almost any questions i had i have one aunt that he nor i never liked what should i do or say to her at his funeral this is not about anything but him this is his time. My uncle is going to play the acoustic guitar for him Stephen loved music he always said let music by thy healer of pain i don't know how i am going to make it through this

2. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

You have made it through one week. A very hard week that makes no sense to you. Your focus now is your survival. Plain and simple. One of Michael’s family who has not been kind to me was at his service and I was stressed about it as you are about this aunt. The service was for Michael - to honor and respect his life, so I chose to take the high road out of respect for him. Thanked brother for coming, the condolences, and moved on. Auntie is there for you, not the other way around. The acoustic music sounds beautiful and I love that it will be played by family. You will make it through even though it seems impossible right now. Breathe in, breathe out and stay focused on how you want his service to honor him. Will prayfor your peace.