*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Miss my brother

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Almso70, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Still laying here in bed with very little sleep this whole thing has just overwhelmed me and my family i just feel like a dagger has been stuck in my heart i wish i could find some peace just to calm down i sleep in intervals but a soon ad i wake up it all comes flooding back i can't just call my brother up and say hi or text him anymore i know he is free now!! Is that selfish of me? I just want a do over he touched so many people's lives i say to him shine on you crazy diamond!!!! I miss him .

2. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Your loss is very fresh. All of the emotions you describe are normal responses to losing an important loved one, normal but they don’t feel good at all. I hate not being able to call my husband to say hi. He usually called me a couple of times each day. Hurts not to have talked to him in weeks. It is not selfish to.feel some relief that your loved one is free of suffering. That comes from love but does not feel right sometimes - like you have no right to feel relief if he is gone. It sounds like your brother gave a lot to the world and was kind to others. It will help you to talk about his great qualities with others that are willing to listen. This honors him. Will pray for you to have peace.

3. Almso70

Thank you again now the hard part cleaning his apartment and just being there

4. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Take your time with his belongings. As long as you need is the right amount. I have not done anything yet with my husband’s things. It gives me some security to be where he was for now.

5. Almso70

I dont think i can bare to go there i was there before they took him away just me and my mom my mom was jyst holding his and stroking his chest just looking at his things are going to be hard
    Thank you for your kind words u are a good soul