*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Memorials

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Missmyangels, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Missmyangels

Missmyangels Active Member

So, I lost my brother and my mom within 40 days of each other almost a year ago. I have little memorials in my house with pictures, quotes, and electric candles that I leave on 24/7. My husband wonders if they may contribute to my depression ( I'm still having a very hard time dealing with their deaths and the nature in which they died). He understands that I will never forget them or get over it but he's concerned that the memorials may not ever let me move on. Any thoughts? As I was putting them together (and I continue to add little things to them) it was almost like therapy for me... It helped. Does anyone else have memorials in their homes? And do they help you or hurt you more by looking at them all the time?

LindaH likes this.
  2. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

Sorry for you loss.
    I had put my favorite pictures of my husband on top of tv. Then I added a candle. Angels, cross. You get the idea.
    I did not set out to make one it just happened gradual. I do get some comfort in having it.
    I did notice that it kind of freaked one visitor out a little. Then I remembered they had guilt feelings for the way they had argued with my husband right before he passed. So that is their problem not mine.