*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Love Lost 2020

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by lovelost2020, May 11, 2021.

1. lovelost2020

lovelost2020 New Member

Hi...I lost my partner of 17 years in September 2020 suddenly. It was a heart attack, he suddenly passed in his sleep. He left me with 2 kids 7 and 10 at the time. He was the love of my life. We had just purchased a trailer and set it up as a seasonal on a campground. He was in his absolute glory all summer. That's the only summer he got to enjoy it. All those years he worked for us and only just started to get the things he'd always dreamed we'd have. A RV, a truck, a house, a family. We were blessed for the time we had as a family but it's soooo unfair. I'm struggling. It's hard raising 2 kids as it is, but now they are angry and lashing out at each other and me. They tell me nothing is wrong but I know. It's hard. I lost my Daddy 6 years ago, at the age of 36 and that was hard, I couldn't imagine losing my Daddy as a kid. It breaks my heart, for my children, for who they used to be, for who they could've been had Daddy been here. They lose out on so much, it hurts me. He'll never get to watch our beautiful daughter walk across the stage, walk her down the aisle, or have grandbabies. Family was everything to this man. Nothing came before us.

2. PDizzle

PDizzle New Member

Hi. I am so sorry for you and your children. I lost my husband of 30+ years on June 24, 2020 when he fell while hiking and cut his head open. Ugh the suddenness is grueling, isn’t it??!!!!! I just signed up for this site and hope to find some “fellowship” here because the loneliness is brutal.

3. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you and the kids. I pray that you and the kids get stronger with each passing day. Our kids are 3 and 4. I think when you have young kids you're grieving for them and yourself. Counseling for the kids may be a good thing. Im thinking about it for mines. My fiancée was a family man as well and always talked about wanting to see the kids grow up. We became single parents in the worse way. We'll get through it with prayer.