*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Breh, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Breh

Breh New Member

Lost my husband of 40 years to massive heart attack Dec. 31 2020. Looking back I should have made him go to hospital. We have 8 children, 6 still at home so I keep going.. I'm crazy with grief. Sleeping is impossible. I don't want to be half a couple

2. BC59

BC59 Member

Breh, I am so sorry you lost your husband recently, how tragic. I lost my wife 2 months ago very unexpectedly, also to a massive heart attack. My situation is somewhat different than yours in that I now live all alone. My son came and stayed with me the first 5 weeks after she died and that was a life saver for me, but he eventually had to leave for work reasons (he lives in a different state). I imagine having children to care for might be a real blessing for you, but I completely can relate to your profound level of grief. I’m trying to just get by one day at a time; maybe that’s all the advice I can offer you.

3. maryjolyn

maryjolyn Member

Breh I am so sorry for your loss and I already know this is devastating for you. I lost my husband of 34 years suddenly in a tragic car accident on October 28, 2020 and I don't know how to live without him either. This life is so foreign to us on this site who have lost loved ones and have to go on without them. I know it's hard being half a couple with your babies and him not being there with you. I don't know the words to say right now because I am where you are with grief but I am praying for us all and this has just happened for you but please stay on this site because the people here are so nice and helpful. I am new here also but if I can be of any help please feel free to just post to me anytime.