*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost the love of my life

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Johnivan, May 26, 2020.

1. Johnivan

Johnivan New Member

My wife died a little over a month ago on Easter. She had been sick for a few weeks. She went to the ER on Easter morning and died that night. The hardest thing I ever had to do was to come home and tell our two kids that thier mom died. They are 16 and 13. I feel lost.

darren1234 likes this.
  2. Kieron

Kieron Guest

I am really sorry to read that. Not only do you have your own loss but your children have their loss, in a time of isolation and pandemic when all "normal" is out the window, for the foreseeable future. I don't even want to try to imagine how hard it must be, and to have to plan a memorial when people are being asked to remain socially distant, etc. Wow, I am very sorry all over again.

Feeling lost is more than understandable, it's experienced and understood by those of us who have lost our spouses and life-partners.

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and your children’s Mom. I can’t even imagine having that conversation with your children, and you’re in shock from the sudden loss. I’m so sorry!
    I lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack that hit out of no where, no warnings, and gone from my life forever in 2 hours. That was 18 months ago, I still miss him terribly, but I am in a better place since then. I found this site 11 months after he passed, I was seriously not doing well, this site has been so much help to me. The people on here understand the pain you’re feeling, where our family and friends don’t always get it. You have to go through such a loss to understand.
    This pandemic certainly isn’t helping. I’m sorry you can’t have people stop by and offer support in person. I hope you do have people that reach out through phone or the internet and talk with you.
    Your children I’m sure are not dealing well with the loss of their Mom. Keep them close and hopefully you’re all talking about your feelings and letting some anxiousness out. Get outside for some fresh air, it’s so helpful. Let them know it’s ok to cry, to feel frustrated, angry or whatever they feel. It’s all so normal.
    Keep posting and reading others stories on here, it helps more then you might think. There’s a whole community of people on here who care and offer compassion and comforting words, and totally understand what you’re going through and what it feels like. You’re not alone. When you feel up to it share more of your story, it is helpful.
    The loss of Ron turned my life upside down, we were together since I was 16 and he was 19, have two wonderful children, ran a business together married 41 years we knew at first site we met our life partner. June 4th would be our 43rd anniversary.
    Things do get better, but it is a bumpy road and takes time.
    Keep sharing and posting and reading. My heart goes out to you and your children.
    Robin

4. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

Robin has a wonderful gift of being able to say just the right things to us when we we’re grieving. In the last few months she has helped me enormously, and she offers love, and sound advice. Just know that the people here care and want to help. So continue to reach out, and we will pray for you to find peace.
    Bill

5. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

Robin has a wonderful gift of being able to say just the right things to us when we we’re grieving. In the last few months she has helped me enormously, and she offers love, and sound advice. Just know that the people here care and want to help. So continue to reach out, and we will pray for you to find peace.
    Bill

6. tgotyall

tgotyall Well-Known Member

All I can say so very sorry for your loss it's devastating to lose the one who was our reason for living,and your children for losing their mom ,such heartbreak.I lost my wife to cancer almost 4 months now after 36 years of marriage she was 59,we have 2 grown children and 6 grandkids,mamaw loved those grand babies.This isn't easy ,you are not alone not losing your mind your gonna be o.k.,this is what I tell myself.Grief is a marathon be strong and very courageous ready for battle,all those crazy emotions let them out you honor your wife shows how much you truly loved her,be kind to yourself .Take care of yourself and your children this is mentally and emotionally draining may God give you peace.

Sweetcole likes this.
  7. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for you loss. I'm sure it was hard telling your kids. How are they dealing with it? Your kids will probably be what help you get through this. I lost my fiancee a little while ago too. We have small children. I've told them what's going on but I no at times they dont fully understand because their so young. I often feel that I'm mourning for them and myself. At the same time they are what keep me going. I'm here to be strong for them. So hold on to your children during this hard time and I pray yall help each other through it.

8. NYCBASSIST55

NYCBASSIST55 Active Member

Ten months after Colleen died August 6th 4:30 am. Colleen was in the ICU; her vital signs were becoming stable and I thought she had a chance.

I was in the little guest room asleep when the Doctor comes in to tell me that she had just died. I wished I was there for her last moments.

I posted this little slideshow video on YouTube for “Ten Months in Heaven”. Please watch it for me.

Joe

Johnivan likes this.