*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost son

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Helen54, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Helen54

Helen54 Member

I lost my son, suddenly am heartbroken

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Helen
    I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I can’t imagine losing one of my children. I’m so sorry for you. You must be heart broken. People on this this are caring and understand the pain that comes with such a loss.
    I lost my husband to a massive and sudden heart attack. Took the love of my life from me in 2 hours! He had no health issues.
    So I do know the tremendous amount of pain that comes with losing a loved one. I know you probably can’t think straight, your mind is in a fog and everything feels overwhelming, not eating or sleeping. Take one day at a time, one hour or one moment. Don’t push yourself. Take things slow. This is a very difficult time, try to take care of you.
    I hope you have family or friends offering you support. Take their offers, I didn’t and wish I had. Most people give you open ended support, ask them to come over for coffee on Friday at 10. Or say you could use help with your yard or getting groceries.
    Come back to this site often, read others stories, and share your own. It’s very helpful. Let your tears fall, feel angry or sad, do nothing if that feels best. Nothing feels good, but do what feels best. Get out and breathe in fresh air each day, even if it’s just your back yard.
    Sending you hugs! Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Robin