Lost my wife to suicide

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Jeremy Bayne, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Jeremy Bayne

Jeremy Bayne New Member

I recently lost my wife to suicide , in the 26th of may 2018 , I did not choose to be on this horrible journey but had no choice, I have 2 boys who are getting through okay , I loved S more than life itself and would have done anything for her , I suppose I am wanting to check if anyone else is consumed literally 24/7 with the person they lost , big prayers to everyone who has lost and is on the journey with me .
    J

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. I don't know what was going on with your wife that made her take that action, but I don't know that it really matters at this point. You have kids you have to raise. I don't have any advice for you given that I have not lost a spouse. I do know what it is like to grieve for a loved one though - as do all of us here. Hope you find this site helpful.

3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Jeremy, I am so sorry for your loss. I've spoken to so many grievers throughout the years who have found themselves consumed by their loss and with thoughts of their loved one. And I think the manner in which you lost your wife also plays a role as it leaves behind so many questions. I'm including an article from our blog that you may relate to as it applies specifically to your type of loss: https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/suicide-overdose-5-things-only-survivors-understand/.
    In the meanwhile, if looking to connect I find people always get more responses when commenting on an existing thread (as opposed to starting a new one). It may be worth trying as I know we have a number of grievers here who truly can relate. I'm glad you are reaching out for help, it is such an important step, and I hope you find some comfort here. Please let me know if you have any questions about the site or anything else~ we are here to help. Take care