*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my nephew to murder

Discussion in 'Loss of Loved One to Violence/Murder' started by Mona15, May 20, 2018.

1. Mona15

Mona15 Member

My nephew was 31 when someone came up to his car and shot him 5 times this happened in East Cleveland, Ohio on November 29th 2014 HE DIED DECEMBER 1ST He was taken away from his 5 children who now have to grow up without their Daddy his parents, sisters and brothers My heart is broken I'm trying to move on but it is very hard too when you don't know why this happened or who did
    this to him and the detectives have nothing His Birthday is coming up and he would have been 35

2. DENISE QUINN

DENISE QUINN New Member

Hi Mona, I am very sorry for your loss. This is my first time on here. We lost our 20 year old niece in April. She was murdered. I am having such a hard time coping, She was like a daughter to us. I'm just wondering if this site is helping you. I find as the months go by it's getting harder and I find myself distancing myself from close friends. I feel like they don't understand. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have found some kind of peace. -Denise

3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Denise, I'm so sorry for the loss of your niece. I think a lot of grievers can relate to grief getting harder. In the beginning, shock and numbness protect us and anesthetize us from the pain. But as time goes by the reality sinks in, and just around this time friends and family are going back to their lives and expecting us to do the same. It makes for a bad, but very common, formula of loneliness and isolation for those who have had a loss. But I am hoping you can find some support and comfort here. Please let me know if you have any questions about the site or anything in general. We are here for you and we are here to help~

4. DENISE QUINN

DENISE QUINN New Member

Thank you. Hoping to find some kind of comfort and peace here.

griefic likes this.