*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mother on February 8, 2017

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Swah, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Swah

Swah New Member

Reignited my bulimia which led to a health issue on 9-11-20. Not pathological grief but with me daily. Long term member of AA which has really helped. 35 years sober and clean. Was a pill addict and had no interest in using prescription dope but it did cause a serious relapse in my eating disorder. Embarked on a lot of pop corn purchases which was good initially but then like all addictions it took on a life of its own. AND...The Covid is making us all crazy on some level. My husband has been very kind..but he is not a person who discusses things..its just not his nature...and he has not lost either parent yet and frankly he is not close to either of them so it will be a non issue when they go. Anyway...wanted to see if there was a site that discussed these issues. My mother was a single parent, we were incredibly close...shared the same brain. I know there are many on this site who have much more challenging circumstances than mine. Helps on some perverse level to know that I am not alone with these feelings..and they may be some of you out there with an eating disorder too. I am thin...but apparently have some hidden health issues I was not aware of. So experiencing a lot of fear too after event on 9-11-20 OK kids..you get it. I walked 4.32 miles this morning and worked out. Mostly stayed on food plan. Mostly. Am fat free vegan. That more than anything probably saved me when the food issue kicked up. Lots of quantity...but not lots of calories.