*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom 5 months ago and my big brother 4 years ago

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Ampa, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Ampa

Ampa New Member

Hi
    5 months ago I lost my mom to COPD. What I thought was just another trip to the hospital totally changed my life. My mom was my everything. I was her caregiver and we lived together. I lost my older brother to pancreatic cancer on April 7th 2015. Mom and I took care of him at home until his last breath. Mom and my older brother were everything to me and I know they are finally together no longer suffering. I live alone in the same apartment I shared with mom and where my brother passed away. I've never felt so lost and alone in my entire life. I try so hard to be strong and keep it together but I can't find the strength to do so. I'm basically living on auto pilot and I'm isolating . I've never reached out for help but I figured at this point what I have to lose. Being the strong one and caregiver in my family has always been my passion. Now I'm alone and lost. My prayers go out to anyone going through the same hell as I am