*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my mom 2 days ago

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Penguincrazie, Jul 30, 2020.

1. HankersKing6

HankersKing6 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. We will get through this. And next week Dec 29 is mom's birthday. Lord Have Mercy!

2. HankersKing6

Today, Dec 29, is mom's birthday. She has been gone for seven months now. I can hardly believe it sometimes that she is really gone. I pray that her soul is resting in heaven. I love her so much and I know she loved all her children equally. We could not have asked for a better mother. It helps me just to be able to write my feelings down and not be judged for over reacting.

jessie61901 and LivingWithGrace like this.
  3. HankersKing6

It's been 8 months since loosing mom from an illness. I still feel sad at times. Cry. See her lying in bed. See her lying in the casket. Oh Lord what can I say. Help me!

jessie61901 likes this.
  4. jessie61901

jessie61901 New Member

I lost my mom in October 2020. She suffered from liver disease. I took her to the hospital one day because she didn't feel well. This wasn't uncommon, because I would take her to the ER when she didn't feel well and pick her up in a few days. I thought the same thing would happen; I would take her in and pick her up the next day or so. She said to me "Don't forget to pick me up either tonight or tomorrow! I won't be here too long." I said "Ok Mom, I love you." The next day I got a call from the doctor's saying she probably wasn't going to make it through the night... My thoughts were what the heck??? Are you serious? I did not drop my mom off like that.. Because of COVID, we couldn't get in to see her. They finally were going to allow one person in for only 15 minutes to say goodbye. This was so awful. My mom was a fighter and fought on life support for days until my siblings and I could go in and say goodbye. (best believe we fought like hell to get in to see our mom). I am the closest to my mom and I am the youngest. This has been such a difficult time for me and my family. I am 19 and just feel so alone. My mom is my best friend, and thinking about all of the milestones that she won't physically be here for tears me apart. The worst part about everything is that life still goes on while I am still heart broken.

5. Linda63

Linda63 New Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom on October 24, 2020 from a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. By the grace of God, she somehow survived for 21 hours. Just like the relationship you had with your mom, I had with mine - she was my best friend - she was my only family. It's been a little over 3 months and I miss her terribly. At age 57, I feel like an "orphan." My dad passed in 2005. I still cry almost everyday and friends just don't seem to understand the pain. I hope by now now, time has eased your pain a bit. Losing a parent is a painful experience. Hugs to you and anyone else dealing with the loss of a parent/family member.