Lost my mom 2 days ago

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Penguincrazie, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Penguincrazie

Penguincrazie New Member

My mom had a terrible cancer and passed away two days ago. I was with her for her final 3 days not leaving her side for a moment and held her as she took her last breaths. It was an awful and traumatic experience for me. She was my best friend and we talked daily. I don’t know how I will go on without her (I’m 44 yesterday, she died day before my birthday). This is a terrible pain like no other.

2. PM0722

PM0722 Member

I completely understand! My mom last week of kidney failure and it was horrific towards the end. She was suffering . I Used to talk 100 times a day, and we completed each other’s heart and soul.

3. mariar

mariar New Member

I understand how you feel. I lost my mother to cancer about a month ago. My siblings and I were with her the last 4 days of her life. It was a very traumatic and painful experience watching her suffer. I'm the oldest of 3 and I am 35. My sister is the youngest and is 30 - she is the same age our mom was when she had her. The whole time we were with our mom all we could think is "that's the woman who birthed us". It's also been hard to be in the room b/c of covid.
    I'm so sorry that your mom died the day before your birthday. I couldn't imagine that pain.