*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my husband July 9 2018 having a hard time

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Kathy Osterhout, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Kathy Osterhout

Kathy Osterhout New Member

Can’t seem to stop crying so lonely

2. My husband died last December (2017), and I still have days (like today) when I think of him and start to cry. But many days are good, and some are brilliant. I go into my garden most days, and find it such a help. And on the bad days, I go out and weed with my cat, Fred. When Don first died, Fred kept meowing until I would follow him outside in the garden, and would watch me to make sure I had gotten busy watering. He'd go away for a while, but check back to make sure I was still at it in the back for at least half an hour before leading me to the front garden for another round. And this routine was repeated every afternoon.

3. Kathy Osterhout

Kathy Osterhout New Member

I have 3 cats. I find myself talking to them all the time and one is deaf, but I keep talking away.

4. It's nearly 10 pm here in Tasmania. Tell me a bit about your husband, and the names of your 3 cats.

5. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your husband. Pets are always great company - and especially in times like this. Keep talking to them - no matter what anyone thinks. I also hope that you find this site helpful.