*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my daddy last week

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by brbr1505, Nov 10, 2020.

1. brbr1505

brbr1505 New Member

Hello. I’m at a loss of how to deal with the sudden loss of my daddy. My daddy past away suddenly last week of an aortic aneurysm. I was working in a different city and had to travel back home to be with family and for the funeral.
    My daddy was so much more than a parent. He was my best friend. We had all the same interests and went everywhere together. He was my biggest supporter and never faltered in his belief in me. He was the first person I texted when I woke up and The last person I texted before I slept. Every time I close my eyes I see his face. I see his car in the driveway and think it’s him arriving home from work.

I just don’t know how to deal with this first stage of grieving- I feel so hopeless and lost.

2. Charlotte007

Charlotte007 New Member

Hi. I'm so sorry for the loss of your father, he sounds like a great person. I lost my father to a sudden heart failure a few weeks back, and we were also very close despite me living in a different country. He was my hero. They leave us fast but the pain lasts forever.

There is nothing I can say that will help ease the pain, but know that you are not alone. Reaching out for help or someone to talk to is a good step.

When I lost my father I didn't know how to function. I felt so lost. I would be lying if I said I'm better now, but it does get easier to move forward. I carry his memories, his love, and his strength with me, and I know that he would want me to carry on. Your father would want you to carry on, and find strength in the memories of your time together.

Take your time, grieve, shout, cry, do whatever you need to do to get through one day. You'll always carry him with you in your heart.

Sending you virtual hugs!

The depth of our grief reflects the depth of our love.

3. brbr1505

brbr1505 New Member

Charlotte, thank you so much for your words. I can’t even begin to explain how much they have helped me. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of
    Your father. You’re absolutely right, the amount of grief we are both experiencing is evidence for the bond we have with our fathers. It’s a testament to how amazing they were and are. I think I just am going to keep trying to remind myself that I need to take it a day at a time, or
    Even an hour at a time. They are still with us in spirit. Everything we do, we will do it for our dads and we will make them proud. Again Charlotte. Thank you so much. Look after yourself and take care. Big virtual hugs back at you.