*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by AnnaT, Jun 10, 2020.

1. AnnaT

AnnaT New Member

It’s been almost two weeks since I lost my husband who was my best friend and companion. I feel like I lost the ground that I was walking on. I feel like my life has stopped along with time.
    He was diagnosed with lung cancer in the middle of February and lost his fight on May 29.
    I have my family and friends who are super supportive of me. But I still can’t cope with the fact that my husband is gone. I want to wake up in the morning and find that everything is back to “normal”.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Anna,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I feel your pain and know what you’re going through. The grief the pain the anguish, can’t sleep, eat of think straight. I lost my husband suddenly to a massive heart attack that came out of no where. He was healthy, so we thought, took him in two hours. I went into a stage of shock, I barely recall the couple months following that awful night. Like you and your husband, we were best friends, we ran a business together, we were together 24/7. We were each other’s everything. So I do know what you’re feeling and know it’s the worst possible feeling to lose your life partner. My loss is 18 months ago, since I found this site at 11 months I’m in a much better place. I still struggle sometimes, in fact I’ve had a very rough week because it was our 43rd wedding anniversary on 6/4.
    I’m glad you have support and when they offer help, take them up on it. Even if it to sit and have a cup of coffee with you. I know the desire for this all to be a bad dream, I wish there was some magic to take the pain away.
    Your loss is so recent, just try to get through each day. Don’t push to do anything. Most things can wait. Be sure to get fresh air each day, it does help. Deal with one moment at a time. And definitely come back to this site often. Read other people’s stories and keep sharing yours, it does help. You’ll realize you’re not alone in the pain your feeling and there are many compassionate people on here who understand exactly what you’re feeling. Many times our family and friends don’t understand because they haven’t had such a loss.
    Sending you hugs!
    ❤️Robin

3. AnnaT

AnnaT New Member

Thank you Robin!
    It does help to hear from people who are or have been going through the same experience.
    Thank you for your kind words!
    I know that some day in the future the pain will become less intense. I know that one day I will be able to breathe and enjoy the things that I used to enjoy. It’s just so hard to exist knowing that I will never be able to do any of that with my husband.

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes, that’s exactly what we need, to work towards better days. It does take time. It’s a rough road, the loneliness is huge. Eventually, all the wonderful memories will make you smile. One day at a time.