*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my best friend and wife 43 years

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Comitdor, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Comitdor

Comitdor New Member

Don't know where to go from here

2. DDHunter

DDHunter Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My husband died 19 months ago two days after our 39th wedding anniversary. He was my best friend, biggest fan, and soulmate. It is a very difficult and lonely road we travel. Tell me more about your loss and maybe I can help. It certainly feels good when another person knows and shares your pain.

3. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope this site helps.

4. Comitdor

Comitdor New Member

It's been 20 days now that's the longest we've ever been apart. I have four adult children helping me deal with this it's hard for them to we did everything together we were rarely ever now I sit here in bed and I look over and she's not there she had so much to deal with she had multiple sclerosis for 20 years and she went in for a doctor's visit just to find she had stage 4 cancer we had been going to City of Hope for the last year-and-a-half that was over December 19th

5. DDHunter

DDHunter Member

Comitdor, all I can say is for me I try to be grateful and feel blessed to have had this wonderful person in my life for almost 40 years. You had your wonderful wife for 43 years. The majority of people never experience this kind of love and longevity in their relationships. I know this thought doesn't always work for the pain but I try and stay positive, focusing on how fortunate I was/am to have experienced such magical love. DeeDee