*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my 16 year old daughter in accident

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by PaulaJ, Jun 22, 2018.

1. PaulaJ

PaulaJ New Member

on May 23rd my beautiful 16 year old daughter died in a car accident. Im not sure where Im suppose to go from here. I have good days and bad days on the bad days I just want to cry but my 8 year old daughter needs me because she is having a rough time to.

Stacia and Beth2018 like this.
  2. Beth2018

Beth2018 New Member

Hugs, Paula. I’m so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I have a four year old, soon to be five years old. I have to be strong for her. She does not want to talk about her dad who we lost a few months ago. I think she doesn’t want to be sad and she doesn’t want me to be sad. She doesn’t want to see me cry. I wish I could talk to her about her dad, but will have to wait until she’s a little older. Keep giving your 8 year old lots of love and talk to her. About all the good times you had with her big sis. It’s okay to cry. You don’t always have to be so strong. It’s okay.

3. Stacia

Stacia Member

Paula, I joined this site because today was one of those “worse” days. I lost my beautiful 18-year-old daughter in a car accident two years ago. The people in my life think two years is enough time to move on and celebrate her life. Nobody seems to understand that this is not going to get better. It’s not going to go away. There will never be a time where I am OK with the loss of my beautiful baby girl.

4. Stacia

Stacia Member

I take care of my 3 1/2-year-old grandson so I hang in there for him just like you do for your other daughter. I know what it’s like to have to stay strong and hide your tears.

5. Stacia

Stacia Member

6. Stacia

Stacia Member

I went to a grief therapist for a while after my daughters death and the one thing that he did for me was tell me every week “go easy on yourself, you’ve lost your child. Take it easy on yourself because whatever you do is scream cry rage is all perfectly Acceptable behavior for a grieving mother

7. Teresa101

Teresa101 Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. There is no time limit on grief. We do the best we can each day . And take your days one step at a time.