*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss-Trying to find people in common

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Karmafarmer, May 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Karmafarmer

Karmafarmer New Member

Hi. I'm very new to this group and I'm looking to talk and listen to someone with similar losses. My best friend for 35 years committed suicide this past January. We would always tell everyone we were sisters. She knows all my family and I know hers. We would go on vacations together. She was one of the few people I could talk to about loosing my sister in January as well, a few years ago. I'm mad but more sad. I miss them both and don't have any friends that have been through any similar situations.
    Both are still hard for me to process. My best friend was an alcoholic and had tried to stop drinking and just couldn't do it. However, I would have never thought she would have taken her own life.

2. NeaNeatn

NeaNeatn New Member

I’m sorry for your pain!! I lost my mother and she was also an alcoholic. She actually passed from cancer. I have a friend like you had and I can’t imagine losing her. I’m so sorry.

Karmafarmer likes this.
  3. Karmafarmer

Karmafarmer New Member

Thank you. I would love to hear your story and talk about more about this-if you are open.