*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of Spouse

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Montoya, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Montoya

Montoya New Member

Reaching out, recently (12 days ago) loss my spouse of 40 years. The deep feeling of sadness and heart break is unbearable some days. Feeling so lost, confuse and scared of life without him. The house is quiet, and I’m alone. ALONE. I have never been alone. I miss so much and at time I can’t believe this happen to me. It's just a bad dream. We loved each other so much. I stumbled on this site as I was searching on my current feeling and wondering if they are normal. This journey is so painful, would not wish on anyone.

MrsNae likes this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Ron and I were married 41 years when he passed suddenly from a massive heart attack. It is scary to go from living a wonderful life with your spouse to all the sudden being alone. The loneliness can be unbearable, like you, I’ve never lived alone either. I’m glad you found this site, everyone on here understands how you’re feeling, and yes, it’s all normal. Your life changed in a major way, and it’s so scary. I’m guessing you’re having a hard time sleeping, eating and thinking. Your loss is so resent, you probably feel numb. I’ve personally learned that I’m much stronger then I ever realized. I think we all are. Be good to yourself, get fresh air take things one day one hour or one moment at a time. And know that you are not alone in how you feel. Read and share thoughts and stories here often, it does help. Accept people’s offers of help and support. Baby steps