*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of son

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Cindy McManus, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Cindy McManus

Cindy McManus New Member

I lost my 15 year old son to suicide just over a week ago. It is unbearable and I do not know what to say, act or do.

Chris M 2000 and Jeffsmoss like this.
  2. SusanV67

SusanV67 New Member

So sorry Cindy. I lost my son to a drug overdose, he was 29. It is still unbearable.

3. Lupe

Lupe Member

Hello

I just lost my son to a homicide..on the 28 of last month.i feel like I'm going crazy with out him

4. HollyTreksMom

HollyTreksMom New Member

Hi! I get it - like being engulfed in a Black Sea with no life raft. Find a support group. I’m 10 months into the tragic loss of my son via suicide and he was to be 23 a couple days ago. It’s the worst and other parents are the biggest help. Just knowing that others survive this hell is helpful (to me). I also go to therapy - including emdr and medication because I have to stay alive for my oldest son. I hope this helps.

5. Skysmom

Skysmom New Member

Hi I'm new to this group. My son was 15 too and I just lost him on June 8th..For the most part I'm going through this alone cuz I'm a single parent! It's the most excruciating pain I've ever felt! My friend told me of this site hoping it would help! I'm hoping to see if I can get support and maybe be of support! Hope to chat more..
    Skysmom forever15

6. SherE

SherE New Member

It’s ok not to know. Life doesn’t prepare us for anything so unbearable. You know how you get through it? Any way you can. I lost my sister and my nephew in July. I am a single mom, and my son and daughter are my world. I am so sorry for your loss.

7. Shirley09

Shirley09 Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my 11 year old son in May to an accifent we were in. My only son/bestfriend. its been a living hell. Ive been keeping occupied on new hobbies, doing stuff around the house, whatever keeps my mind going. I still cry almost everyday and have not been able to go back to work since. I hope you have a support system and can talk to someone about your pain. Just letting your feelings out and crying it out even alone is a bit of help.

8. JenniferY

JenniferY Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you. I am here to be a friend if you need to talk or any kind of support. I also have lots of new hobbies going on at once. Most of mine are outside and garden work. At first, it was hard to go outside because first he died across the road I can see the last place he walked. Second, he loved being outside exploring. I pushed myself the first year now I can't stand being inside. The first summer which was six months after he died I would dig a hole for a flower and sit on my knees and cry, dig another hole and cry. I am doing a bit better except winters are very tuff. I am sure I will need support when it gets cold and snowing

9. Shirley09

some days are much worst than others but Ive been able to function a bit I guess im just living through this immense pain. I think about him everyday and what could have been if he was here. I keep my mind busy doing a lot of non sense stuff cuz I feel like my life has no sense anymore without him.

tracymorris2001 likes this.
  10. I lost my son yesterday to suicide

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  11. Shirley09

Hi Tracy,

I'm very to hear about your loss. I know the exact feeling of suddenly losing a beloved son. My son was 11 and we were in a car accident together. He never regained consciousness and passed away the next day. It happened last year in May. During the first 6 months, I didn't do anything but cry and alienated myself from everyone. It still hurts so much but as time passed I learned to live through the pain as there is no other choice. Surround yourself with people who truly cares. no one will understand the feeling but just having people around helps.

12. It’s an unbearable pain that is fearing me at the moment. He and I were so close now apart of me is gone.

13. Defeating me

14. Shirley09

I was exactly like you when it just happened. The pain was and it still is unbearable that I wanted to give up and was ready to give up but I thought about the other people my son also left behind in which they gave me strength. i hope they will do the same for you. My son was my best friend, my travel buddy, my everything. When he left the old me also went with him. We will never be the same people we were before losing our beloved son. All we can do now is live so we can continue to honor his life the best way we can. Everyday all I think about is how can I honor him, how can I continue to ensure that people will never forget about him and that's what's keeping me going along with his sisters.

15. Thank you so much for this

16. Shirley09

I also went to this forum looking for help and it did when I was going through hell which is an understatement. Just knowing that someone out there can relate helped a lot
    I hope you continue to use this forum when you feel alone and need to let out your frustrations and sometimes anger.. We are all here for you.

17. JenniferY

My heart just sunk when I read this. If you need me I extend my heart and compassion to help you.

18. Thank you , I just viewed my son today I feel total hopelessness. How do I live without him everyday I think of something to tell him then I remember I can’t.

19. JenniferY

I am so sorry. I think of new things that have came about my son would enjoy. Like Disney plus my heart broke to think he didn't get to enjoy something so cool for kid's. Hug's to you.

20. Shirley09

I'm so sorry. definitely the hardest thing in the world is for us to out live our children. Everything I do now is about my son and it's my way of honoring him every chance I get. I still talk to my son all the time. You should too his listening.

Chris M 2000 likes this.