*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my identical twin at birth

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Hannah Laudo, Jan 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hannah Laudo

Hannah Laudo Member

Many people don't get to say that they are lucky enough to have a twin. I am both of those categories. I do have a twin sister, but sadly she passed away when we were born 21 years ago. Taylor passed away from Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. This meant that I took all the nutrients from her and she untimely died from anemia. I know that this situation could not have been prevented, especially at the time, as medicine and research on TTTS weren't as advanced then as it is now. I go back and forth from being angry and feeling guilty as I think that she should be here with us. I have always felt like a part of me was missing, and that has been hard to cope with. I may have never got to "meet " Taylor, but she will always be looking out for me.

Debsforever and Rachel Nichols like this.
  2. JAK

JAK New Member

Never feel guilty, she doesn’t want you to be anything but happy, so you know you have a special angel in heaven looking out for you and praying for you. I lost my twin sister too , This Nov. will be 6 years. She was 64 years old at the time of her death, she had cancer, she was my soul mate, my angel my forever friend. Two years before her death
    I lost my son, he was 42, drug o/d, l don’t know if it was intentional or accidental, a month later l lost my cousin and 2 months after that my mom. My heart is broken and
    Empty. I hope you know your sister watches over you everyday. I am sorry you missed out on having her in your life.