*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of fiance due to overdose

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Katiebug17, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

Hi Everyone !
    My name is Katie . I'm 24 years old and 7 months pregnant with a little girl . Almost a month ago I lost my fiance due to a drug overdose . Life has been extremely tough lately to say the least . I've felt every emotion humanly possibly. My world came crashing down... I lost my best friend, my better half, my future, my soulmate, my everything! There isn't a second I don't think about him . Life is so unfair.

2. Cdouglass

Cdouglass Member

I know how you feel..I’m 23, and lost my wife of 9 years..she was all I knew, all I had to look forward to. I feel lost and just confused. I also feel guilty that I’m still here doing things without her. That wasn’t part of the plan.

3. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

I hope you find peace it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do . I miss him everyday

4. Cdouglass

Cdouglass Member

I’m sure we can relate in a way many people can’t..there really aren’t a lot of people to turn to with this and it hurts. My wife is the person I shared EVERYTHING with..now it just feels weird. If you ever need somebody to talk to..day or night, reach out..I’ll oobably be awake already

5. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

Thank you I appreciate the offer is the same to you. I truly feel like my fiance was my soulmate . It just seems to unfair that he was taken away from me before our chapter was over . There isnt a second I dont wish for him back. Hard to continue moving forward with out him . Heartbroken is a understatement

Cdouglass likes this.
  6. Cdouglass

Cdouglass Member

From somebody who lost their love, less than 72 hrs ago..I mean it when I say I am truly sorry that you have to feel this way. I wouldn’t wish this pain, and feeling of being lost and alone..on anybody. I mean it when I say if you need somebody, please just say something. Because there have already been times where for almost an hour I won’t have a message and that hour feels like days..so please don’t go through that alone.

7. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

I appreciate that it's been a month for me but it feels like yesterday I don't think anyone or anything can or will take the pain away . I dont think I'll ever be able to be with someone else in my life

8. Cdouglass

Cdouglass Member

Exactly how I feel. Like nobody could even measure up. Nobody could be there and love you as good. Exactly how I feel when I look 5-10 years from now.

9. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

I can't even think about it ...it makes me sick . We definitely had a special bond and I know I'll never get that. It was true love. Hey, I guess as long as you're happy who cares if you end up with someone else right?