*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of Father

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Jazz08, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Jazz08

Jazz08 New Member

My father passed away unexpectedly about eight months ago and it still seems like it just happened yesterday. I would love to find someone to talk to who has experienced the loss of a father.

2. Hi Jazz08, I lost my father 6 years ago to cancer and sometimes it still doesn't feel real but it does get easier

3. Singstar16

Singstar16 New Member

I lost my dad almost two months ago and it hurts badly. It is so difficult. Surround yourself with people in your life you love and who love you and lean on them during this time. Therapy also helps and possibly a grief group. Here for you.

Sentimentalfeelings91 likes this.
  4. Shells

Shells New Member

I’m new here, here’s to hoping we all get something from this site.

I have no grief wisdom to share, cannot tell you it gets better. All I know is I miss my Dad, it sucks, and there’s not enough red wine in the world that could change my mind about that. (No, I haven’t been drinking red wine ... today.)

5. Jennifer9

Jennifer9 New Member

My Dad died a month ago. I know what you mean. I'm still being hit with moments of feeling completely overwhelmed and lost, and I think people want me to be over it by now. I'm definitely not...

6. thank that heavens for red wine

7. Don’t allow anyone to tell you how long your grieving process can be. Everyone is different and there is no standard time. Grieve in your own way and time.