*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

**LIVE** EVENT! Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by griefic, Feb 10, 2017.

1. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Thank you to everyone who viewed or participated in tonight's event! We will leave this thread open for any general questions you may have, specifically those things you would like to ask of a facilitator. Thanks for being here!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    ThisTime likes this.
  2. griefic

When people come to a support group I always ask the same question: what brought you here tonight? When looking for support a lot of grievers have that one question...."is it weird that I still talk to my husband?", OR "is anyone else finding the grocery store an especially sad place to be?" OR, "how do I handle friends who don't seem to know what to say?". These questions are the cornerstone of why support - and support from fellow grievers - matters.
    Do you have a question? Ask it here!

ThisTime likes this.
  3. ThisTime

ThisTime New Member

Even though I am surrounded by loved ones and friends, no matter what I do I feel alone all the time. No one seems to understand. How do I get past this? Will this feeling ever pass?

Willow Wood and Baphomette like this.
  4. griefic

I think what you're describing is an emotion that so many grievers can relate to. Feeling isolated and alone, even when surrounded by loved ones who care and are trying to help. We talk a lot on this site about the importance of being with fellow grievers, as they are the ones who are most likely to understand what you're going through. But don't give up on your friends and family as in the long run they will be the ones on the grief journey with you the longest. Educate them as best you can - communicate and try and help them understand what you need and don't need right now. There is no timeline, and what it means to "get past" it will be different for everyone. Grief is about adjustment and change, and for a change as big and unwanted as the loss of a love one - the adjustment takes time. Just be sure you're doing it on the timeline that works for you.

TJCountess and ThisTime like this.
  5. griefic

Our forums are a wonderful place to share, but what really sets us apart is the opportunity to connect individually. If you haven't already, go to "Make a Connection" and then "Find Others Who Are Grieving". There you can search for others, based on the criteria that is important to you.
    Keep the search general to start - perhaps searching by "Circumstances of your loss" or "Who Have you Lost". Including too much criteria could narrow the search. Once you find a list of people, you can view their profile. Click on "Information" to find out more about them, and there you can "Start a Conversation" which will send a private message that will be sent to their private email (notifications should be received in their regular email's inbox). Give it a try!

Julien likes this.
  6. iam new here i have lost my family when i was young, now in 2015 i lost a bestfriend, and in 2016 another bestfriend who was like a sisyer, we shared a renthouse ,now i have to move,and i was her caregiver i also lost a lady that was like a mom in 2015,not to mention having to put to sleep my pug jewels in 2015,this is all so hard for me,iam thankful for this site.

7. griefic

Hi Mindee, I am so sorry for your losses. It just never seems quite fair when one person has to deal with so much. And yet I hear stories from grievers all the time, who are coping with multiple losses and the feeling of being overwhelmed trying to deal with it all is very much to be expected. I believe there is help to be found in others going through it, and I'm so glad you have found our site. As the administrator of this site and for every member here I can tell you- we are here for you, and you are not alone. I believe in the strength of a shared group like this and I truly believe you will benefit from being here. Please take care~

mindee schrock likes this.
  8. Julien

Julien Well-Known Member

Yes, tha
    What is it about driving that seems to bring on your tears?

9. griefic

Hi Julien, Good question! It could be the quiet, and solitude of driving that brings in the thoughts. It could be the places you're driving by, and the triggers that come with that. Hard to say, but most grievers will find that something they do or someplace they go will always bring on tears in a surprising way. Knowing these triggers can help and being prepared (even if it's just to know, okay I'm driving now and the tears are going to come) can help in the long term. You don't have to fight it, that's an important thing to remember. Let the grief comes when it needs to, and know that being alone in the car is where you feel safe to grieve! So maybe it's just what you need (even if it doesn't always feel like it). Thanks for being here - I hope you can find some comfort and support here.
    Please take care~