*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Life is so insignificant.

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by MJC46, Jun 17, 2019.

1. MJC46

MJC46 Member

It's been 9 months since my soulmate has departed this physical materialistic world. Through the years I have learned that many people pass through our lives and it's truly a special gift to find that one person who is exactly your other half. Finding someone that thinks like you, likes to do everything you do, share everything together unselfishly is amazing, and trying to understand why his time was up just when we both finally found some happiness in this life is beyond my realm of understanding.
    So many questions, and neverending tears.
    Every memory of our times spent together was always fun and beautiful.

I hope everyone out there who is going through similar situations are staying strong. It is ok to cry for your loss.
    It is ok to stay away from the people in your circle that doesn't understand the pain you're going through.
    It is ok to make new friends who truly understand what losing that special person in your life means.
    It's Not ok for anyone to say move on and let go because True love never dies.

Living with broken heart syndrome is no fun. Just going through the motions of life is all I do now. Nothing in life seems significant anymore.

I know he is still with me in the spiritual form because he have given me so many signs of his presence. It's consoling some times even though it brings a mix emotions of tears, both happy and sad. Happy because I know he's still here with me and sad because I miss his physical presence.

The spiritual world is very much alive.

Thank you to everyone who makes this site possible.

There just isn't enough understanding and help for people who lose their love ones.
    Too many programs put a monetary tag.

In the end none of it matters. Not the money or the material possessions of this world.

nico and griefic like this.
  2. everything you've written has truly touched me, it's as if I wrote it myself. I lost my husband on December 6, 2018. he had just turned 50 years old in September. we had so many plans especially this year because we would be celebrating our 30th anniversary. It does feels like a punishment that he was gone from me now, why now? why couldn't we grow old together for a little while, why must I be alone to face the future by myself? I am grateful for the times that we did have and he's given me 3 wonderful children, but I still feel angry, not so much for myself but for him, I'm angry for him that he was cheated out of more time with us, I also find comfort in feeling that he is around me spiritually and I know that he is at peace but I can't find peace because I'm afraid of a future without him and whenever I think of him it's so painful, that it physically hurts. I too am thankful for this site, I have searched and searched for something that could help me and since I have found this site it has helped me in more ways than anything else has.

griefic and MJC46 like this.
  3. MJC46

MJC46 Member

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss also. My writing was from the heart. I too love reading and so was my Dearest Michael. We both loved to do the same things from working with tools to hiking on the beach. Neither of us were religious in the fanatical manner of the religious community but we seemed to have a special connection with nature and the spiritual world.
    I have been collecting rocks whenever I go to the beach for many years and they were just rocks that I liked, no particular shape.
    When we first met he gave me an adventurine rock and I was wow I can't believe he's interested in rocks too.
    I went to the beach a few months ago and while looking at the waves through the tears I asked him to give me a sign that he was there with me. He certainly did! Two steps forward I looked down and there were 2 heart shaped rocks. If I had any doubts about such beliefs in the spiritual connection of our dead, it all disappeared from that moment on. I would find 3 more heart shaped rocks on my way back. Since then every time I go to the beach and it doesn't matter which beach I go too I have been finding heart shaped rocks. My recent one is the size that fits in the palm of my hand along with about 20 smaller ones on Memorial day. I now have a vase next to his picture to put every heart shaped rocks that I find. For both of us the beach and ocean was our favorite place to be.
    Pay attention to the things you both enjoyed most and you will know when he's there with you. Life is different without the physical presence of our love ones but they are still with us. People who don't have the experience or understand what is going on call us crazy and it's ok because what is more important is that we know what truly matters to us. The pain and sorrow we feel never goes away, we just learn to cope better with the right circle of true genuine friends.
    Sending you Hugs!

4. HeatherDiane

HeatherDiane New Member

I just can't believe he's gone and not coming back - I'm just having such a hard time accepting that....He died June 26,2019...just the two of us for 39 years...We had just moved into a perfect little house, in a perfect place, surrounded by lakes & forests where he could hunt & fish...He had survived a massive heart attack in Feb but was healing oh so very,very well. Xrays in May revealed something else, and within a month he was gone........And I'm crying for him, and I'm crying for me...and I'm so very,very sad. And I'm angry and disappointed for him - and I can hear him telling me not to worry about him, to look after myself. I'm surrounded by nature and have had some encounters that people say "oh it was a sign" - but I'm not sure about that yet - it's somewhat consoling to think .... I have two rocks I clench and caress in the palms of my hands, one for him, one for me...I have the words of a friend "Flow one day into another until time wears the edges off your grief and turns it into something smooth and weighty in your palm. It almost becomes a prayer stone- rounded by your constant touching and exploring of its edges. Trust your gut and feel whatever comes as it comes. Sending love and strength- although I know you have the strength you need." I found this forum, I found your heartfelt feelings, and I just had to talk to someone...thank you for listening...

MJC46 likes this.