*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Just lost my soulmate

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Amandaj1488, May 4, 2020.

1. Amandaj1488

Amandaj1488 New Member

My husband, best friend of 24 years, married for 6, just killed himself with an overdose and I’m seeing so many signs I should have seen before and I’m completely lost....what now?

2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers

Amandaj1488 likes this.
  3. Jenny43

Jenny43 New Member

I totally understand what you are going through. I myself have been going through the same thing. My husband of 22 years overdosed on January 13th 2020. I have went over that day in my head so many times wondering what I missed how come I couldn’t see it. I went to work and came home to find my 20 year old son scream at his dad to wake up. I rushed to our bedroom and called an ambulance And started to work on him. I tried my best not to freak out but to help him. But two hours later he passed away at the hospital. I blame myself every day. I cry myself to sleep and as soon as I open my eyes. I started to hate Monday’s because it was on a Monday. My friends made me see that this was not my fault and to understand that there was nothing that I could have done. I carry him in my heart everyday and I miss him so much. I am so sorry for your loss as I know how much of a heartbreak it is. Just know if you need someone to talk to I am here.

4. Amandaj1488

Amandaj1488 New Member

Thank you! I’m learning so much about him that I didn’t know and it doesn’t get any easier but I’m learning to manage. I’m here for you as well. We’re all in this together, no matter how our grief came about.

5. Jenny43

Jenny43 New Member

Yes that’s true thank you.