*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It's so hard to let go

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Chantell, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Chantell

Chantell New Member

Its been 7 Months since the passing of my boyfriend. I just can't seem to let go. I have no one to talk to, no one who will truly understand. I miss him so much, every memory is a painful reminder that he is gone, HE'S NEVER COMING BACK.

I feel as though I am slowly starting to get over the denial stage, I am slowly starting to accept the definite reality that he is gone. I will no longer hear him laugh, see his smile, get to smell him or feel him next to me, I will no longer hear him speak, feel his warmth or feel his heart beat as Iie on his chest ..... HE'S GONE and HE'S NEVER COMING BACK.

I'm scared to let him go, I don't want to forget him, I just can't.

2. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. It is 5 & 1/2 months since my husband died. Glad you found this site, we all get the fierce pain that you are experiencing. It took me months to even realize "he's not coming home". It is hard. We put one foot in fronton the other and we go on and it does get softer they say. Hugs.

Chantell likes this.
  3. Cora1961

Cora1961 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. It has been almost 6 tortured months since I lost my husband, best friend, soulmate, love of my life. My heart breaks every day as does yours. It’s hard to realize and except this has happened and now is my reality. I just try to put on a brave face and do something every day. I know he would of wanted me to try and be brave so that’s what I am doing. I don’t think u or anyone forget their love ones that they lose, we will always keep them close in our hearts. Everyone tells me it just takes time, so I am just trying to take one day at a time. God bless

Chantell and ainie like this.
  4. Bogman

Bogman Well-Known Member

" he's never coming back " it really is hard to come to grips with !! I know it's just under 4 months since my sweetheart passed and those same words have not really sunk in !?? I don't think any of us will ever forget them but I do understand your fear of that happening, but pictures, video's and people around us will help us remember. Dan

Cora1961, Chantell and ainie like this.