*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It’s been 4 yeas

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Emprsmi, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Emprsmi

Emprsmi New Member

i lost my husband 4 years ago. I think I’m doing ok but maybe I’m not. I know it’s all up to me but am beginning to feel that people are judging me for not moving on. I’m not dating or seeing anyone simply because I have no interest. It’s not that I am Lying in bed crying for my husband anymore but I’m ok being by myself. Why do I feel bad about this?

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. If you have no interest in dating, that's up to you. Likewise if you're fine being on your own. I imagine people want you to "move on" for different reasons. Some may genuinely be worried that you have stopped living. Others may simply be uncomfortable that you are still mourning years later. If you feel okay with where you are, that's all that matters. If you aren't, it's never too late to go to counseling.

3. Ebony

Ebony New Member

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. I loss my fiancé 8 yrs ago and I haven’t been the same since. I went through the whole people trying to put a timeline on when I should move on. Hell my own sister even told me after 6 months “he’s dead get over it already.” And her ex boyfriend died in her arms. Harsh huh. But when I see people that move on start dating or even get married quickly I automatically question how much they truly cared about the person they lost. But after asking my fiancé’s mother her opinion she just said that sometimes people move on quickly to deal with the pain or try to forget all together. But I’m gonna end with saying what your doing is fine. Sounds like I need to be asking you for advice Cuz I’m not doing that well at all