*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

It’s been 15 years..

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Vd1121, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Vd1121

Vd1121 New Member

I lost my great grandmother when I was only 7 years old to breast cancer.. I knew exactly what was going on and I was devastated.
    15 years later I’m 22 years old and I still hurt so bad just thinking about her and the time we spent together. It’s hard for me to go see her gravestone, so I seldom do so. Going to her old house to visit family is even harder, I avoid going every time. My great aunts and uncles tell me things we did and how she felt towards me often and it helps.
    The wound still feels so fresh. I can remember exactly how I felt, what the hospital room smelled like, the temperature, what the hospital machines sounded like and even the tone my family was talking to me in, it was the last time I ever saw her. I didn’t see her be laid to rest when the time came either.
    I don’t even know if the grief will ever go away because as of now, it doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere. I’m not even sure if this is normal.

2. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

Hi,
    I’m sorry for your pain. I still remember the death of my grandfather almost 50 years ago. I still miss him. I’m still saddened by the way he died.
    I’m glad talking about your great grand mother with your relatives helps. But I can understand why visiting her house or grave hurts. My mom passed this year and doing those two things causes such pain.
    Perhaps seeking therapy may be the way to go. Do what feels comfortable for you.

Thank you for sharing,
    Em x