*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I'm new need some one to talk to

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Kara Haynes, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Kara Haynes

Kara Haynes New Member

I lost my brother who committed suicide Feb 1 and have had four other deaths since 2011 both parents and both grandparents..My entire family gone..My brother was my best friend

2. Ellen C

Ellen C Guest

Dear Kara:
    I am so very sorry about your brother, as well as your parent and grandparents. Although I have never lost anyone to suicide, I have lost all of my family and I do know how devastating it is to be alone.
    I don't want to bombard you with information, thoughts and suggestions at this point. I just wanted to let you know that I understand your pain and also your need for someone to listen. I am here if you want to talk. When your heart is broken sometimes you just need to be heard, understood and comforted.

I will wait to hear back from you and will respect your wishes.

I just wanted you to know that you're not alone.

I hope to hear back from you.

Until then, please take care and hang in there.

Ellen

3. Kara Haynes

Kara Haynes New Member

Thanks Ellen for your kind words of encouragement
    .It is a daily struggle and I'm trying to stay strong and trust in the Lord..I've been facing many trials and tribulations but I think the Lord must be testing my faith .. Please message me anytime with anything you want to say or share I would love to hear from you.. You made my day.. God bless

4. Ellen C

Ellen C Guest

Dear Kara,
    I'm glad that I was able to comfort you somewhat and make your day more bearable. At this point it's all about tackling one day at a time and working hard at making tomorrow better than today.
    And I'm glad that you have a strong faith and belief in God. Although I am Jewish and hold different beliefs and follow different traditions, I absolutely believe in a higher power and I do pray often. For many things and for many people as well.
    Life is hard for sure and there's always a test of some sorts. I have encountered many during my life and although I sometimes question the fairness of what happens, I choose to believe that everything happens for a reason.
    Be well and take good care.
    You're in my prayers.
    Ellen

5. Uma

Uma New Member

Hi, Kara. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son to suicide three years ago. The pain can be unbearable. Nothing really seems to make much sense anymore.

6. Kimberly1985

Kimberly1985 New Member

Hi Kara, I'm new on here. I seen your post. I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't lost my parents. I have lost my grandparents. I also recently lost my brother to suicide. It was the worst day of my life. He was also my best friend. I probably spent everyday with him. We worked together and lived together with our mother and I also have 3 daughters. Just recently he decided to purchase his own house. But we still worked together everyday. I'm sorry I'm talking away. Please if you need to talk I'm here.

7. Colleen Rose

Colleen Rose Member

8. Colleen Rose

Colleen Rose Member

My husband of 36 years committed suicide January 21st. A single gun shot to his head. I never saw it coming. I'm haunted by the image in my head. I lost my reason...and I don't know how to go on. I don't know how to do this alone.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I know the pain is unbearable.

Maybe we can help each other?