I was doing okay...

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Fahnette, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Fahnette

Fahnette New Member

until this morning.

Usually when I get my car looked at and it takes a while, I call my mum to keep me company on the phone so I'm not so bored. But today, I couldn't call her because she isn't here. She stopped being here on September 7th.

Suddenly I feel everything and I'm not so sure I like it. And I also feel nothing, and I don't think I like that either.

2. Sami

Sami New Member

I'm going through the same thing. Lost my father 9/17/19 I was OK at 1st now alls I do is cry

3. tncarolyn

tncarolyn New Member

I lost my dad a few years ago after an extended illness. Everyone looked to me to make decisions in his final days since I had a little better understanding of medical terminology. I, too, thought I was doing ok until the random morning I went into a fast food place for a quick breakfast and saw a man who was almost the spitting image of my dad. I think it was not only the beard and hair, but the fact that he was dressed exactly as my dad dressed. I suddenly found myself in tears, and wanted so badly to go to this perfect stranger and wrap my arms around him. I think even after time goes by there will be things that will trigger some really strong memories of a missing loved one. I guess the only thing we can do is ride the wave and be strong and carry on. Do you have a good friend or close sibling, a child perhaps, that you could call during those times you called your mom? Maybe you need to continue the practice of making a phone call, just call another person you care about. It's ok to tell them why you need to chit-chat a little bit.

4. riverinohio

riverinohio Active Member

Your loss is new so understand that it is painful and you will cry..a lot! Feel the pain and don't push the feelings down. I lost my dad almost a year ago and I cry everyday. I miss him so so much.