*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I thought that I was doing fine.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Cdavis, May 4, 2021.

1. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

You are most welcome. If you have time, let me know how it works out.
    God's blessings to you also.

2. BLUFFS5

BLUFFS5 New Member

3. BLUFFS5

BLUFFS5 New Member

I lost my husband on April 5, 2021 to stage 4 lung cancer he was only 50. We would have been married 20 years this July. I have been with him most of my adult life. He was the was you was always there for me, always could cheer me up. Now he's gone and I feel so all alone. I miss him terribly. We have three children that I love dearly, but they just don't understand why I'm always crying. It seems like this will never get better. It's so tough to concentrate at work or feel happiness anymore. I don't know what to do.

4. Onesimus

Onesimus Member

Hang in there, BLUFFS5. It's ok if your kids see you crying. Let them know you will be ok, you just need to go through it. I lost my dad just before I turned 7, had a younger brother who was 5, and when I saw Mom cry it was doubly upsetting to me because I had just lost my dad and I didn't want to lose Mom, too. That was my perspective as a youngster. You will be ok, just not maybe today. It's your grief journey, and however you need to get through it, do it. Look for a GriefShare group in your area (griefshare.org), that is an option. And keep coming back and letting us know you're hanging in there. Peace.

5. BLUFFS5

BLUFFS5 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I actually am involved with griefshare I started three weeks ago. It does help to be around others who have had a loss. It is just that the people in my group are 20 + years older than me. I am 44. I just wish I could talk to someone who still has kids at home. I hope someday I will be okay, but everything is so different now and scary without my husband. Take care

6. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Try doing a new thread here asking for people around your age with kids to respond. Or something like that.

It's worth a try and I can, certainly, agree with you needing people your age. You lost your husband at a very young age, it must be devastating to say the least.

My thoughts, prayer's and blessings to you and your children.